2019/08/13 – 2019/08/13
141 Catherine St.
Map and Directions | Register
This month we have a BoF. The topic will be led by Denis Roussel
“Internal Corporate IT Incidents and Investigations” – how formalized and/or up-to-date are your organizations corporate policies and procedures?
- Modern or Out-of-Date? Are they due for a refresh?
- Management, Legal and Human Resources involved in their development?
- Effective/measurable or not? How do we know?
“Workforce IT / Cybersecurity skills shortage” – is it really a numbers shortage?
- Public Sector vs. Private Sector
- Students, full-time/part-time employees, Consultant or Professional Services – who do you hire:
- Staff numbers that support the needs?
- Cheap with less experience vs. expensive with lots of experience? i.e.. Speed and/or quality?
- Burnout rate of staff – work life balance?
- In world of Big Data – AI and Machine Learning – weeding though more data more efficiently and what skills are needed now or in the near future?
- Developing your people – keeping skills up-to-date
- Availability of skilled personnel
- Retaining personnel
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM Registration, Networking, Cash Bar and Grill
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM Discussion
- 7:30 PM Closing remarks
Members: free, included in your annual dues