2017/07/11 – 2017/07/11
141 Catherine St.
Map and Directions | Register
An HTCIA board member will coordinate the suggested discussion topics below, however, the forum is open to any additional topics that are raised for discussion at the meeting.
A lot of great information was discussed at these BoF sessions in previous years.
Some suggested topics for discussion:
- Round table attendee discussion regarding recent personal experiences of IT Security and Fraud trends
- IT Security and Fraud job opportunities and futures in Ottawa
- Types of presentations, demos and forums that would be of interest to the membership
- Future ideas – Legal Issues and Ethics in Investigations, Big Data Sciences, Investigating and performing forensics on IOT devices, Password Cracking With Commercial and Open Source Tools, Hackers vs PenTesters, Ransomware, How to Combat Fileless Malware, Shortage of skilled Forensics & Cybersecurity Practitioners, OpenSource Tools for the industry, Application Security Issues (& more)
- Members should be encouraged to do a presentation.
- What don’t you like about the HTCIA Ottawa Chapter meetings
- What can be done to improve the Ottawa Chapter meetings
- Upcoming elections in the fall 2017 – discussion regarding the need for people to join the board and to help support the future of the chapter
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM Registration, Networking, Cash Bar and Grill
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM BoF Session
Members: free, included in your annual dues